Re: How can I creat a user coordinate system for my routine?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27020] Re: How can I creat a user coordinate system for my routine?
  • From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Liven,

One approach is to modify the arguments of the graphic primitive used to
plot the graph. For example, in Plot the graphic primitive is Line. Thus
applying a replacement rule on the arguments of Line after the plot has
been rendered will reflect the plot about the y axis.
Here is an example:

Show[Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2\[Pi]},
      DisplayFunction -> Identity] /. {x_, y_} -> {-x, y},
  DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction]

Cheers,

Brian