Re: Queries: notebook, matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26992] Re: Queries: notebook, matrices
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:22:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

1)

"DumpSave["file.mx", symbol] writes definitions associated with a symbol
a file in internal Mathematica format. DumpSave["file.mx", "context`"]
writes out definitions associated with all symbols in the specified
context.
DumpSave["file.mx", {object1, object2, ... }] writes out definitions for
several symbols or contexts. DumpSave["package`", objects] chooses the
name
of the output file based on the computer system used. DumpSave["file"]
saves all definitions in the current session"

and say

DumpSave["thatsAllforToday.mx"]

and at the next morning say

Get["thatsAllforToday.mx"]

and continue.

2) Set:

$Post = If[MatrixQ[#], MatrixForm[#], #]  &

or use TraditionalForm[] as default Output format.

3) MathLink for Excel ??

http://www.wolfram.com/products/applications/excel_link/

The FAQ is at

http://support.wolfram.com/