RE: Charting question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29656] RE: [mg29633] Charting question
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 02:20:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Brian,

One approach to this problem is to use the three argument form of Rectangle,
where the third argument is one of your chart plots, with DisplayFunction ->
Identity.

Put the Rectangles inside a Show[Graphics[{...}]] statement.

You can lay out your rectangles in your display area just as you wish, one
for each plot. Use a Background in the Show statement to frame your plots.
One trick is that you have to adjust the AspectRatio of each plot to match
the aspect ratio of its rectangle. A complicating factor is that this works
only approximately because you have to account for space taken by the plot
labels. You may have to experiment a little to get something really nice.
You can also add text above or below the rectangles using Text statements.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net