recreate file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29681] recreate file
  • From: wself at msubillings.edu (Will Self)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:40:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am using Mathematica 4.0 under Windows 2000.  I had produced a
notebook and wanted to change its name.  Under File I selected "Open"
and, without opening anything, right-clicked on the file name, and
changed its name, as one can do in various Windows applications.  Then
when I tried to open it, I got a succession of error noises, and a
window telling me the file was corrupted.

I have the text file now, but I do not know how to make it back into a
notebook.  I have tried to do what the instructions say, but it
doesn't work.

Direct email replies appreciated.

Will

wself at msubillings.edu