Re: Memory Conservation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29912] Re: Memory Conservation
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:08:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

a) The main difference between Module and Block is just that; Module removes
all local variables.
b) If you do remove finalanswer, you will get a Removed[finalanswer]
expression instead of the required result.
Orestis
PS.If you want to save memory set $HistoryLength=0 before you use your
routine. Share[] helps too sometimes, but it will slow you down, if not used
smartly.

news:9iomg8$i13$1 at smc.vnet.net...