Re: Re: Placeholders in matrix notation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29930] Re: [mg29899] Re: Placeholders in matrix notation
  • From: "Hugh Philipp" <hph at com.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:56:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can anybody think of a way to define a non-commutative differential operator
that you can just plug into matrix equations?
Perhaps the problem might be that the matrix routines assume that things
commute...

There is always a work around, but it would be nice to just say - 'Here is
my operator. Here are my hairy matrix expressions. Go tell me how everything
comes out.'  and - do this making it look as close to the stuff I scratch on
a back of an envelope as possible.

-Hugh.