graphics cell background

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30017] graphics cell background
  • From: Mark Fisher <mark at markfisher.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:16:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How can I find (automatically) what the Background color is for Graphics
cells in a notebook?

I am writing some grahics code that uses the Background color to mask
some unwanted features. I'd like the code to work generally. My code is
built on top of ListPlot. As a first pass, I dealt with "Background ->
Automatic" by treating it as "Background -> RGBColor[1,1,1]", but that's
not always true. The Background in a Graphics object is inherited from
the Background of Graphics cells, which can be set in the style sheet
and inherited from the notebook. It's not clear to me how to discover
the proper value short of opening the style sheet and searching through
it in various places.

--Mark.