- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29166] freebsd...
- From: "Hugh Philipp" <hph at com.dtu.dk>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:15:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello all, I'm just curious if anyone has tried running Mathematica for Linux under FreeBSD. ... Not that I'm actually considering such torture openly. Apparently it can be done... http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-mathematica.html But has anybody actually done it and used mathematica without problems? ... and what is the cost in speed? ... and how does it work with a networked license server? ... etc. Thanks, Hugh Philipp Research Center COM Build. 345-V, DTU DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby