multiplyin a symbol by 0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29197] multiplyin a symbol by 0
  • From: umud.ozturk at arcelik.com.tr
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
when multpily a symbol "a" with zero "0",
In: a*0.
Out: a 0.
I do large computations with symbols and I believe that leaving products of
a symbol by 0 as it is consumes lots of memory...
Is there any way to make the product of a symbol by zero to be equal to
zero, such as,
In: a*0.
Out: 0.
Sincerely,