Fourth degree polynomial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29251] Fourth degree polynomial
  • From: "Stephane Redon" <Stephane.Redon at inria.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 04:15:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everybody,

I've got a fourth degree polynomial which I would like to break into two
second order polynomials. Unfortunately, the Factor function doesn't manage
to do it, probably because it attempts to find all the roots of my
polynomial. Is there a way to do this WITHOUT finding the roots ?
Thanks in advance

Stephane