Re: JLink on Linux with Sun JDK 1.3.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29292] Re: [mg29287] JLink on Linux with Sun JDK 1.3.1
  • From: murphee <werner.schuster at netway.at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 04:18:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 04:38 11.06.01 -0400, you wrote:
>Exception
>in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wolfram/jlink/Install
>Exception in thread "main"
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/wolfram/jlink/Install
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>com/wolfram/jlink/Install
>_______________________________________
>I did add the CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings for JLink.
>
>Did anybody get a similar setting to work?

no, but that does look very much like a Classpath Problem.
Where did you put JLink.jar? in the jre/lib/ext directory or did you add
the path to it to the CLASSPATH EnvironmentVar?

Doublecheck that the path is ok.
Maybe try if you can reference the classes from a normal
Java program (just a little program, that tries to instantiate
some class from the JLink.jar, if that doesn't work,
it's maybe the classpath);

murphee
--
my site: www.angelfire.com/co/werners ** updated 13.05. **