Saved Interpolating Functions Don't Work When Called ???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29360] Saved Interpolating Functions Don't Work When Called ???
  • From: Cheng-Pang Liu <cpliu at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:27:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I solved some differential equations and saved the resulting interpolating
functions in data files. Later on when I tried to import them, it seemed
that Mathematica 4.0 do not interpret them, so instead of getting

"{y->InterpolatingFunctions[ ... ]}",

I got the whole definition without any evaluating.

It is even more strange that:

1. If the size of interpolating function is small, then it is O.K.

2. I tried Mathematica 3.0 and it works fine.

Anybody have idea?

Thanks!

C.P.