Re: Truth in inequalities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29375] Re: Truth in inequalities
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:23:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am afraid I have to agree with you...x might as well be Infinity in a
future evaluation of the x-Infinity expression, and so can not be readily
simplified.
A possible correction could be to use the following rule:
Infinity + n_?NumericQ -> Infinity
Orestis Vantzos
PS. The rule does not work for Infinity+Infinity since
NumericQ[Infinity]==False.
It does simplify to 2*Infinity though, which can be handled by a different
rule.

news:9g9mra$fpt$1 at smc.vnet.net...