RE: Rows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29459] RE: [mg29421] Rows
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 04:36:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To convert two row arrays to columns in a matrix you can use...

Arow = {a, b, c};
Brow = {d, e, f};

Transpose[{Arow, Brow}]
{{a, d}, {b, e}, {c, f}}

This also works but is slightly slower.

MapThread[List, {Arow, Brow}]

One convenient method for posting short examples to MathGroup is to convert
your Input and Output cells to InputForm, then copy them (or copy them as
Plain Text) and paste them into the email. Readers can then easily copy the
statements back into a notebook. To convert to InputForm, put the cursor
anywhere in the cell and use Shift-Ctrl-I.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net