Re: AMD vs. Intel Floating Point

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29477] Re: AMD vs. Intel Floating Point
  • From: "Morfeas79a" <el98119 at central.ntua.gr>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:56:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Kofi
as it is well known the AMD processors up untill the model of K6-3D
have serious problems in their floating point operations - this can be
observed by running programs with great CPU load like SETI@home, the
time for a AMD computer to finish one work unit is about twice as big
as this in an Intel computer running on the same MHz. The problem has
been solved in later models.  Of course all this is not known to
Mr.Kuska who thinks that 90% of the questions sent in this newsgroup
are of trivial nature or in anycase foolish.

Regards
Jim

news:9gn7i2$ere$1 at smc.vnet.net...