Re: How to use Rules on Sequences?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29478] Re: How to use Rules on Sequences?
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:56:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Say you want to replace the pattern x_y_ with x+y...then you use the rule
{L___,x_y_,R___}:>{L, x+y, R}probably repeatedly:
myList//.{L___,x_y_,R___}:>{L, x+y, R}
I am not sure if this the most efficient method, but it is how you would do
it with patterns.
Orestis

news:9gpo0n$hd8$1 at smc.vnet.net...