RE: Re: Graphing Abnormalities of Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29560] RE: [mg29552] Re: Graphing Abnormalities of Functions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:10:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Ryan,

There is a somewhat simpler method than my first posting. Plot a white disk
to blank out the line and then draw the circle.

Needs["Graphics`Colors`"]

Plot[f[x], {x, 0, 5}, Epilog ->
    {White, Disk[{1, 3}, 0.05], Black,
     Circle[{1, 3}, 0.05]}, AspectRatio -> Automatic,
   PlotRange -> {0, 7}, Axes -> True,
   AxesLabel -> {x, y}, PlotLabel ->
    "Function with Discontinuity", ImageSize -> 350];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/