Re: Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29586] Re: Equations
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:12:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Someone asked the same question a few days(weeks?) ago. My answer back then
was that the intermediate steps Mathematica takes to solve just about
anything are usually incomprehensible, or at least non intuitive for humans.
There is no little mathematician "hidden in the machine"!!
Well, if you want to see what's going on during a calculation that you have
defined (eg. for debugging purposes) then you can get a very nice debugging
package (I think it's called "debbuger") that is available from MathSource.
Orestis
PS.If you are interested in the package, I can send it.

news:9h8lr9$qs9$1 at smc.vnet.net...