Re: overlay imported picture with Mathatmatica calc

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29590] Re: overlay imported picture with Mathatmatica calc
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

If you import an image, it had the xy-box of the pixel dimensions
but you need the plane area of your contour plot.
The simplest way to do it is

yourBitmap = Import["/export/home/kuska/mathpng2/Pictures/tigerg.png"];

ContourPlot[Sin[x*y], {x, 0, Pi}, {y, 0, Pi}, ContourShading -> False,
  Prolog -> {yourBitmap[[1]] /.
                 Raster[bm_, rr_, more___] :>
                   Raster[bm,
                    {{0, 0}, {Pi, Pi}}, (* Place here the new bound
                                           used in the contour plot *)
                    more]}]

be sure to set the shading to false (otherwise the polygons
overlay the bitmap).  Set the bounds of the Raster[] object
to your area in the xy-plane used in the contour plot.

Regards
  Jens