matrix diffential equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27510] matrix diffential equations
  • From: "Martin Richter" <mrMICE.fi at cbs.dk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 03:53:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Simple way to crash Mathematica is by writing
y := Array[y, {3, 3}]
Even Quit Kernel doesn't stop Mathematica, and I have experience application
error and crashes (both in Mathematica dll and Mathematica.exe for simple
programs) and in so cases Mathematica has to be closed from the Task Manager
(Windows 2000). Regarding Mathematica exception coding, I'm not impressed,
just IMHO.

Just have to buss it out :-(

My question is the following: Is there a simple way to define matrix
diffential equation in Mathematica, I have tried something like:
A[t_]:= {{1,1,1},{1,1,1},{1,1,1}}*t
y := Array[ytmp, {3, 3}]
eqns = {y'[u] == A[u]. y[u], y[s] == A[s]}
NDSolve[eqns, y, {u, s, t}]

But this is not the way.

TIA
Martin