Re: Mathematica Audio Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27484] Re: Mathematica Audio Problem
  • From: "Paul Lutus" <nospam at nosite.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 03:53:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Alan" <kd7cyb at mac.com> wrote in message news:97ffqn$g04 at smc.vnet.net...
> Is there a way to remove "clicking" of audio files generated in
> Mathematica? I have a series of different frequencies sounds 0.1 second
> long and when they are combined before being exported out of
> Mathematica, they produce a sharp click as the end of one 0.1 second
> long sound ends at a different amplitude than the next bit of sound
> begins. This causes the speaker to jump to a different amplitude very
> quickly thus producing the annoying click. Is there a way to correct
> this?

You do realize, don't you, that if the amplitude is not zero at the end of a
file, then there will be a click when it transitions to another file or
stops playing?

To minimize (but not eliminate) clicks, arrange it so that the generated
waveform goes to zero at the end of the duration.

You can also use audio editor programs to see and edit beginning and ending
transients.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com