Corrupt 4.1 Notebook Fixed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27639] Corrupt 4.1 Notebook Fixed
  • From: Lawrence Walker <lwalker701 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 02:35:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Group:

Recently, I experienced a problem where my notebook became
corrupted.  I could no longer properly open the notebook in
Mathematica.  The symptoms of this usually was a whole cell
being 'blacked' out.  I fixed this by editing the notebook
in a text editor.  I located all of the occurences of 'ell'
and edited it to read 'Cell'.  Some cases the spellings were
',ell', 'sell', '7ell', etc.  Does anyone know how and why
this occurred in the first place?  Is there a software fix
for this problem so this won't happen again?

Thanks,
Lawrence

     (\___/)     The fear of the LORD is the beginning of
     (o\ /o)     wisdom: a good understanding have all they
    /|:.V.:|\    that do his commandments: his praise
    \\::::://    endureth for ever.              Psa 111:10

        Lawrence A. Walker Jr., M.Eng./Ph.D. Candidate
                   Morgan State University
          Clarence M. Mitchell School of Engineering
 COMSARE (Center Of Microwave/Satellite And RF Engineering)
           Rm: 306-Schafer     Phone: (443)885-1453