Redefine <Shift><Enter> ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27708] Redefine <Shift><Enter> ??
  • From: "J.R. Chaffer" <jrchaff at mcn.net>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 02:09:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

On a normal desktop keyboard, the necessity to use the
<Shift><Enter> combination every time one executes a
command in Mathematica is perhaps less annoying. This
is because one can just use the 'extra' <Enter> key at
the lower right of most full size keyboards, which
somehow incorporates the <Shift><Enter> functionality.

On my laptop, however, this is not possible, because
there is no extra "Enter" key.  One is forced to use
the two-key combination, an added irritation each
time.

My question is, is there a way to 'redefine' the
keys in Mathematica (or in win98, which I use) to
render this a single-keypress operation ?  I have
several Win98 books (including 'Mother..') but
the subject of redefining keys is characteristically
ignored.

Any comments appreciated.

John Chaffer
jrchaff at mcn.net