Graphics for Shaded Curved Regions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27823] Graphics for Shaded Curved Regions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:29:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

I would like to make 2D curved regions with color shading across the region.
I know one way to do this: make a dense array of points and their associated
colors and display them.

I would like to be able to use Raster or RasterArray but it always gives a
rectangular region which cannot be transformed or mapped to a curved region.

What is needed is a "color" that corresponds to transparent. Then a
RasterArray could be masked with transparent regions to produce curved
shaded regions. By transparent I mean that the underlying graphics will be
unaffected and show through.

Any suggestions?

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net