Cylindrical to helix transformation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27870] Cylindrical to helix transformation
  • From: "Andy Qualls" <aqualls at tsc.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:30:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings --

We have a length of tubing with a line drawn down its length. The line is
marked off in inches. We want to know how how that line would transform when
we shape the tube into a helix.

I looked through my math books and could not find the cylindrical to helical
transformation.

How would I do such a transformation in Mathematica?

TIA

Andy Qualls