Re: "fonts not properly installed"...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27935] Re: "fonts not properly installed"...
  • From: Roland Pabel <pabel at tabu.uni-bonn.de>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:48:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> dear all,
>
> ever since upgrading to X 4.0.* (debian linux), i see the following message
> on startup:
>
>     the mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system.
>     without these fonts, typeset mathematical expressions cannot be
>     displayed properly.

Hi!
I keep getting the same error message on a Suse Linux 7.1 with XFree
4.0.1 up to XFree 4.0.3 . After this message at startup, after every
action a message dialog popped up saying :
delete-next-character : action not found
That was so annoying that I did not use Mathematica for weeks.
What wonders me is that it all worked well under Suse 7.0 with XFree
4.0.1, but after installing Suse 7.1 Mathematica gave me these
errors.
I just reinstalled Mathematica. The bad news is that the error
message at startup still persists. The good news is that the popup
"delete-next-character" does no longer show up.
Does anyone know what causes the error message?
Should the Mathematica font directories be added to
/etc/X11/XF86config?
And should "ttmkfdir" be run in these directories?
thanks
Roland
Roland Pabel				roland at pabel.net
Tel: +49 177 3387321			http://roland.pabel.net/
ICQ UIN 49339118			Linux Counter #88774
GPG-Key 1024D/C969F3F2 2001-02-28 Roland Pabel <roland at pabel.net>
fingerprint = C8A7 BF6A 12FE CE55 724D  667B 4060 B228 C969 F3F2