AW: Problem with Mathematica fonts in pdfLaTeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27928] AW: [mg27899] Problem with Mathematica fonts in pdfLaTeX
  • From: Stefan.Schenderlein at ferring.de
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:48:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Dwynn,
I do not have a solution. But perhaps the information is helpful.

Recently I had also a problem with Math1 font and GSView (Windows NT 4.0
SP5, MikTeX 2 Up1).  The message produced did let me think that I have to
copy the fonts in a special folder. But the problem was solved by telling
Ghostscript  where the fonts should be searched for. One has to add some
lines to fontmap.gs file that ist stored in the GS folder. In this folder
(on my machine 'c:\gs\6.50\lib') were also fontfiles like fontmap.atm.

Paul J. Hinton has written support pages that solved my problem. He sent me
this comment

You need to make sure that your PostScript interpretation device has ready
access to the Math fonts.  This can be handled through either proper
software configuration or through direct embedding.  Both of these topics
are addressed in these FAQ pages.

http://support.wolfram.com/Graphics/Formats/EPS/IncludeFonts.html
http://support.wolfram.com/Graphics/Formats/EPS/Ghostscript.html

Certainly this will not solve your problem but perhaps pdflatex searchs also
for the fonts but do not know where. Perhps the fontmap.atm has to be
changed? But why should pdflatex search in a gs folder?

BTW: I tried your sample doc and pdflatex gave a similar error message as
you reported. The output file was not accepted by acrobat reader ("Unable to
repair.."). I will try this with tetex on my linux computer. Perhaps it is a
problem with the pdflatex.exe.

Stefan.Schenderlein at ferring.de