Registering an imported image with a plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27947] Registering an imported image with a plot
  • From: "JOHN C ERB" <JOHN_C_ERB at prodigy.net>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:15:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As I haven't received any comments yet, thought I'd repost my question:

I have imported an image (jpg) into Mathematica using Import.
I have a plot (e.g., ListContourPlot) which I would like to superimpose on
the image.
I know the corresponding {x,y} coordinates of several points on the image.
How can I match up (rotate, scale) the image to match my plot, or
vice-versa,
but preferably the former?

Thank you,

John C. Erb