How do I add rows to a text table?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28040] How do I add rows to a text table?
  • From: K Henneberg <kah at it.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:24:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I sometimes use Mathematica as a pure mathematical word processor. I can
create an empty table using the menu Input-> Create Table/Matrix/Palette
and then convert the cell to text. I can then fill in textual
information in this table, such as a Fourier transform table.

problem:

How do I add rows or columns to an existing text table? There doesn't
seem to be a table editting tool in the 4.0 Frontend. In this context a
programming solution (e.g. defining text as matrix entries) is not an
option.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Sincerely,

K. Henneberg