TeX fonts in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28120] TeX fonts in Mathematica
  • From: manen at math.uu.nl (Martijn van Manen)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:58:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello there,

I am having the following problem. I try to have Mathematica
understand that I want to use publicly available TeX fonts.
This is because I like to use Mathematica to produce pictures
for my TeX files. It would be nice if I were able to
use the same font as in my TeX document.

So what I do is to make Mathematica read my ../share/texmf/fonts/type1
and all of its subdirectories, and do the same for
the AFM files.

Now I would want to refer to say the "putb8a.pfa" file by putting
the FontFamily of the StyleForm to "putb8a" but this
doesnot work.

Maybe someone could adress the following issues:
- Is my objective realizable
- What is the syntax of the PSres.upr file and how can I use the
  "human readable" names of a type 1 font

Any help will be appreciated.

GRTZ,

Martijn