Re: Accessing Help Causes the Front End to Quit?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28105] Re: [mg28063] Accessing Help Causes the Front End to Quit?
  • From: "Christopher J. Purcell" <purcell at drea.dnd.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:58:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Apologies to PC users, this will be utter gibberish to them.

I get no such crash using a similar system, (Mathematica 4.0.1.0 Mac
PB G3 OS 8.6). The last time I rebuilt my hard drive  (to delinux
it), I switched the partitioning from HFS to HFS+, and ever since,
when I install new programs, the Minimum size usually defaults to
less than the Suggested Size. I have to manually go into "Get Info"
and crank up the Minimum size. Otherwise very nasty problems like you
describe occur.

--
Dr. Christopher J. Purcell
GL/Trans