Re: ScatterPlot3D/Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28673] Re: ScatterPlot3D/Plot3D
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 02:51:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter,
I'm not sure what the problem is - could you give an example please?

Information about ScatterPlot3D can be  found by typing ScatterPlot3D,
highlighting it, and using  Help>Find Selected Function, similarly for
Plot3D.

Here is the example given for ScatterPlot3D

First, load the package containing the code:

<<Graphics`Graphics3D`

lpts = Table[{ t Cos[t],  t Sin[t], t},
          {t, 0, 4Pi, Pi/20}];

ScatterPlot3D[lpts];

> I've got ~ 10,000 coordinates (x, y, z) in a text file. The coordinates
are
> not linearly spaced and I want to see how they look on a 3D plot.

Is their a problem with getting the points into Mathematica? Could you
explain please?

--
Allan
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk