help! - questions about Integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28833] help! - questions about Integration
  • From: <c6wang at sciborg.uwaterloo.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 00:59:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello! I am quite new about Mathematica, can someone help me out this
question?

I want to do an integration, as written below:

Integrate[Exp[-(x/a)^2-(y/b)^2],  x and y are variables (-Infinity,
Infinity),
integration area is defined by
A < (x^2+y^2)/(x^2 Y^2 x^2-y^2) < B,

Where a, b, A, B are invariables.

I am wondering if Mathematica can find out a way to to this. Or there is a
function from Mathematica special for this kind of integration?

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Connie