Re: NIntegrate with floating point limits

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28887] Re: NIntegrate with floating point limits
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 04:22:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I haven't pinned down the problem exactly yet, but it appears the problem is
not in the limits but in the expression you integrate:
x=1/4; NIntegrate[....,{u , 0 , .25}]; works just fine!
When you use floating point value for x IN the expression you get the
message.
My best guess for now, is that there is a singularity involved and
Mathematica can't locate it when the integrand is defined using fl.point
value for x...
Orestis Vantzos

news:9dtasf$f7l at smc.vnet.net...