Help fitting Exponential curves

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28969] Help fitting Exponential curves
  • From: Todd <tcs3a at virginia.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 01:54:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
	I am looking to fit some exponential curves to a form of
	P=Po*e^(-K*t) where K and Po are values I need. The P and t I have.
	I'm working with mathematica 4.1 and I can read the data and plot it fine
but it doesn't want to give me reasonable fits.
	So I guess my question is how would you go about getting the Fitting to
work on fitting a Pre-Exponential and an exponential variable. If I type

	PeakFit[x_] = Fit[Peak, Exp[-x], x]

it only gives me a Pre-exponential, however if I type.

	PeakFit[x_] = Fit[Log[Peak], {-x,Log[x]}, x]

It just doesn't like that.  Could Someone Please point me in the right
direction.

Thank you,

Todd