A tricky equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29005] A tricky equation
  • From: "Anastasius Moumtzoglou" <anas1 at hol.gr>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 04:07:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would be much obliged if you could help me with the following
equation.

b*k^(-a)-c*k^(-1)=1

Mathematica returns that the above equation is a transcedental one. So,
I'm thinking of linearization. Do you think there is a way to do it?

Anastasius Moumtzoglou
1) Educational & Tecnological Institutions,
Department of Health Services Management
2) National School of Public Health,
Department of Health Services Management
3) "P. & A. Kyriakou" Children's Hospital
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/moumtzoglou/
Email:anas1 at hol.gr
Home Address:
Anastasius Moumtzoglou