algebraic functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29090] algebraic functions
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <slshippee at home.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 02:57:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have version 4.1 of Mathematica.

I have read the documentation, and found that functions could be solved
by typing f[x_] := 3x - 7 and solving for multiple instances of x by
f[1] = with the number in brackets being the variable for x.

But I can not find how to have mathematica compute "domain" and "range"
of algebraic functions . is this possible??

Thank you very much in advance,

Steven Shippee

1-360-902-5817

mailto:shippee at jcs.mil