problem with graphics export from UNIX to NT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29100] problem with graphics export from UNIX to NT
  • From: "Brett Patterson" <bap at roe.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 02:57:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This must be a very common problem.

I using Mathematica 4 on UNIX, via the Hummingbird exceed
X Server on an NT desktop.

I need to put the graphics output from Mathamatica (running under UNIX)
into an MS Word document (running under NT).

Furthermore, I don't normally use a PostScript printer.
I normally use an HP Deskjet-style printer.

Can somebody please tell me the best way to do this.
Problematic issues are Font problems, graphics resolution, etc.

Ideally I'd like to copy and paste directly from the exceed window,
but this doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,
Brett Patterson

Dr Brett Patterson, CPhys, MInstP            Tel: +44 (0)131 668 8256
Applied Optics Group
UK Astronomy Technology Centre               Fax: +44 (0)131 668 8264
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh                 http://www.roe.ac.uk
Blackford Hill, Scotland EH9 3HJ, UK         mailto:bap at roe.ac.uk
"We are all living in the gutter,
but some of us are looking at the stars."
                                   Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan