Re: Importing EPS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29114] Re: Importing EPS
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 05:50:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the PostScript import is *very* simple and will not work with
a complicated image. The best solution seems to write a Mathematica
backend for pstoedit. The power of ghostscript may be better
than Mathematica's own PostScript interpreter.

But you should keep in mind, that Mathematica's simple graphics
(no native Bezier curves, no color gradients, no fill patterns)
can't support all the stuff that can be done with a good
drawing program.

Regards
  Jens