Re: How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31405] Re: How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?
  • From: "Borut L" <borut at email.si>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 02:58:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My experience is that the ConstrainedMax is very handy and stylish, not
having to type in the constraints in a conventional tableau form. The
problem is basically number crunching in my opinion, so I used SIMPLX
(simplex) algorithm from Numerical Recipes, being very satisfied with its
limitness and high speed.

bye,

Borut

"David Eppstein" <eppstein at ics.uci.edu> wrote in message
news:9rodc2$psp$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> I have a linear program I'd like to find the exact rational solution for,
> so naturally Mathematica's ConstrainedMax routine is looking promising.
Does