Re: Second-degree polynomial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31413] Re: [mg31398] Second-degree polynomial
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 05:29:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Odd question. If you mean that in both cases y is a function of x, then the
first case is a straight line (for constant a), and the second one is a Sqrt
type curve plus a linear component. Plot both with different arbitrary
values of a, b and c. I see no relationship whatsoever, save for the fact
that both share(presumably) the same constant a. Perhaps you'd care to
explain what is your problem?

Tomas Garza
Mexico City