Re: Passing functions to C-code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31590] Re: Passing functions to C-code
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:52:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

*what* do you like to pass the  C-Code
a) the name of the function ?
   Yes, you can do this and your C-code will get a
   Symbol tha can be used by MLPutFunction()
b) the *definition*, this is a bit complicated on both
   sides because Definition[MyFunc] is just a wrapper that
   returns the printed form of the definition and you have to
   pass ToString[Definition[MyFunc]] as a string and you C-Code
   must be able to parse the Mathematica syntax
c) the UpValues[], DownValues[] of MyFunc, that are
   Mathematica rules, and you program has to
   read it with :ArgumentType: Manual  and
   has to deal with HoldPattern[]s to interpret it.

Regards
  Jens