Urgent but simple problem III

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31013] Urgent but simple problem III
  • From: "Carlos Cabrera Zuniga" <carloscz at ift.unesp.br>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 01:20:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

 Ravi, the detail is that in my problem only machine A has been
turned off, and the application was running in Machine B, A was used
only to see what happens in B, this is, in A i can see all in B, as if i where
sitted facing B. I used B because it have 1Gb of physical memory and 4 processors,
althougth i have no physical access to B. I have verified that yet my program
is running in B, and i think it shall run for some days more.
It is like if you were using something like PCanywhere in A with a remote machine B
(well, but this is Linux), A is shutted down and the linking is lost. So i think
that the lightest way to work is to try to employ the Mathematica text mode, i
have to do experiments, simulating again this situation to see what happens with
one or more ways to open the program. Unhappily i am new in Linux.

 The real problem i believe, is that i have to start a new Mathematica session,
i dont know if this shall kill my process. My anterior but little experience says
that yes.

 Thanks

   Carlos