RGBColor to Hue?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31022] RGBColor to Hue?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:49:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

Does anyone know transformation equations that will convert RGBColors to
Hues? If one looks at the input ColorSelector there seems to be an
equivalence between them. Yet there seems to be no documented function which
converts from RGBColor to Hue.

Specifically I would like to obtain a hue and a brightness for any RGBColor.
I am not looking for something picture perfect. Just something roughly
equivalent for screen display of Mathematica notebooks.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/