RE: Multiple scales for Y axis of plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31105] RE: [mg31094] Multiple scales for Y axis of plot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Christopher,

You can use a Frame and the FrameTicks option to specify a scale for the rhs
of the frame. If you need a different scale, I suppose you have also scaled
f2 when plotting it?

If you want to use different scales and "anticipate a lengthy process of
building up all the graphics primitives" you may be interested in the new
DrawGraphics package at my web site below. With it, it is very easy to build
up graphics that contains elements from different plot types, as there are
parallel routines to each of the Mathematica plot types that directly
extract the primitive graphics without side plots. There are also useful
routines for manipulating primitive graphics and other convenience routines.
The package comes with very extensive Help files that work just like regular
Help. There are graphics examples for every command.

Specifically there is a CustomTicks command which makes it quite easy to
generate custom tick marks with very complete control of scale, styles and
labeling.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/