Thickness of Lines and Arcs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31288] Thickness of Lines and Arcs
  • From: wself at msubillings.edu (Will Self)
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:28:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In creating a two dimensional graphics picture...

For thickness of lines and arcs I can use either Thickness, which is
relative to the size of the picture, or AbsoluteThickness, which is
more or less an absolute size, I guess probably related to pixel size
on any particular screen.  What I need is neither of these -- I need a
way to specify thickness relative to the units I am using.

For example, if I have (among other polygons and stuff) a square:
Polygon[{{0,0}, {1,0}, {1,1}, {0,1}}] and a line of thickness 1/4,
then I want the line to have thickness 1/4 of the side of the square.

I really can't see any way to achieve this.  This is very basic, and
so I would suppose that this has come up before, but I didn't see it
when I searched the archives.

Please email me if you would be so kind.

Will Self
wself at msubillings.edu