Re: find argument of function inside long result?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31335] Re: find argument of function inside long result?
- From: bghiggins at ucdavis.edu (Brian Higgins)
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:23:18 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Try the following or some variation for your function g = Sqrt[Cos[x]/x^3] + Cos[Sqrt[x^(-4)/(1 + Tan[x])]] Apply[List, g /. Sqrt[x_] -> x] Cheers, Brian jflanigan at netzero.net (jose flanigan) wrote in message news:<9rdgub$7q5$1 at smc.vnet.net>... > I have a very long symbolic result that has several sqrt functions. I > would like to extract the arguments of each of the sqrt's. > > How can I do this? The expression is too complicated to try and read it off. > > thanks.