How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31369] How big a problem can ConstrainedMax handle?
- From: David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:31:00 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: UC Irvine, Dept. of Information & Computer Science
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a linear program I'd like to find the exact rational solution for, so naturally Mathematica's ConstrainedMax routine is looking promising. Does anyone have any experience with using it for moderate to large problems? Say, 500 variables and 8000 constraints? I'm willing to let it run a couple days, but not a month... -- David Eppstein UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/