Re: Fourier coefficients

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30722] Re: Fourier coefficients
  • From: peter weijnitz <pewei at algonet.se>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 02:56:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

try this to find the fourier coefficient for freq f:

f[freq_] :=
    Fit[data, {Cos[2 Pi t], Sin[2 Pi t]}, t] /.  a_ Cos[_] + b_  Sin[_]
-> {a, b}

a and b will be the coefficients of the cos and sin them respectively
data is your data vector, (a benefit with this method is that data need
not to be evenly spaced)
e.g. f[2000] gives the coeff's for frequency 2000 Hz