Two Questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30714] Two Questions
  • From: John Resler <John-Resler at kscable.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 02:55:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am a Masters student in Computer Science. Mathematics has always been
difficult for me, so I purchased Mathematica to assist me with my
homework and the understanding of things like relationships, Automata
and other things. My instructor for Theory of computing, is
unintelligible due to two unfortunate facts, he speaks Chinese and he
has a stuttering speach impediment. Is there anybody out there willing
to assist with some on-line tutoring? I am willing to reimburse you?

[Please respond directly to sender on this rather than to the
 mailing list or newsgroup - moderator]

My second question relates to the TransitiveClosure operation in
Mathematica. I have a set I wish to establish the relationship on yet I
find no examples in any of the on-line help, other than the listing of
the command. Can anybody provide a code snippet that demonstrates its
operation? I would be grateful.

John

--
John Resler